Friday, February 5, 2010

Working Out while on the road

So, I think the key to me getting out of the winter blues... getting out of the winter!

I'm here in Phoenix, for part two of my work travels. It's sunny and mid 50's here. I got up early, of course I'm also a couple hours ahead and my body thinks it's east coast time still.

My original plan was to do the 4.2 mile trail into the mountain. But at 6:30 AM it was still pitch dark and last night while I was sitting on my balcony, I heard coyotes. So, I figured it would be best to not run the risks. Coyotes, and unfamiliar ground....

Went to the fitness center instead... well after about 15 minutes or so of wandering through the resort to find it! I did an awesome elliptical workout. I'll post it separately. It's a 26 minute routine and it burns it up! Perfect amount of time for those who don't have tons of time. I did some crunches on the ball and side twists and over head lat pullovers. Finished it up with some yoga/stretching by the pool. Turned off my Ipod to stretch, was awesome, the birds were singing, the smell of the grass and the desert in the morning. Soooo good.

Hoping to make it part two tomorrow morning! And I'm determined to that trail before I leave next week.

Stay tuned!

No comments:

Post a Comment